Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Green

My interaction with the aforementioned child and the color green. My interaction with him in class today approximately three weeks after the conversation from the previous post.
Me: (As I'm painting his hand red) What color is this?
Child: Green
Me: Say red
Child: Red
Me: (As I'm painting his other hand yellow) What color is this?
Child: Green
Me: Say yellow
Child: Yellow
 Well, I got what I asked for. He said the color green. And he at least said multiple color names! Yay! I putting that in the win column.

In other news, I went on a cleaning frenzy this afternoon. A half hour before the end of my shift. As the eleven kids are all over the place. With toys strewn every where. Good choice, me. Apparently though I need to cut back on the art projects. I can't even count how many stacks of artwork I had lying around the room to be sent home. And please don't ask how many art-projects-in-the-works-Ms.-Kali-needs-to-put-the-finishing-touches-on-them-but-doesn't-have-the-time-or-energy-to-do-so I found. I bet you can guess where they all went. Yup, straight into the trash. Teacher of the year, right here! Oh boy....

On a final note, I may have accidentally taught a two and a half year old the term "doody head." Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment